Tuesday, March 29, 2005

College canteen..

I read an article on college canteen from last week newspaper magzine.It was all about bangalore students view on college canteen food stuff and enviroment and finally a rating from them.That all reminded me of our college canteen..
Really most of the students enjoy and pass time in canteen rather then in classes or library.
In our college there was two canteens(one for students and other for college workers).Students canteen didnt had any good infrastructure and menu item consist of few eatables like cholla samosa,bread pakoda,tea etc.Most of the times we have to go to city market to have good food or to get our daily need stuff.
Just to avoid going a long way to market,me and my frnds use to have breakfast and probably lunch also in canteen as i luved the pakodas with a sip of hot tea.The owner of the canteen (popularly known as "sharmaji") was a nice person to us .We have asked him a couple of time why dont he include more things in menu?he used to say that students are not interesed in new things as he tried a number of times by including new eatables but mostly, ppl ingnored it and took the usual stuff.Other thing was that gals didnt come to canteen as it was some past trend and this made canteen environment more verse and indecent.Boys used to smoke around..i always thought if gals and professor also visited the canteen, then there would have been a lot of improvement..alas it never happened,anyways still i enjoyed bunking class in college days and be in canteen to fill up my empty stomach(used to get up late for college and then run for class..obiously miss my hostel breakfast).I would give rating as 4/10 to our college canteen

I heard from my juniors that college has improved a lot... number of new facilities are introduced and canteen has been upgraded with good menu ,new infrastucture and gals/professors too visit the place...really cool to hear all about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noorie:
http://meribaat.rediffblogs.com

thanks for dropping by my blog...btw your post reminded me of my college canteen jahan hum girls kabhi nahi jatey they....it was boys spot....